It is not always pollution or dirt from the outside that would lead to dull skin. The pores on the skin no matter where you are will add up dirt and cause skin problems. Additionally, stress is equal or rather more even when you work from home. The solution to all this is these amazing homemade face mask recipes that you can make all by yourself!
Homemade Face Mask
It is always easier to prepare your face masks at home with the ingredients you have. It is far more natural than the chemical products used in the salons. You can also be comfortable in your own skin and clothes and chill while you watch TV or listen to your favorite music when you put on these face packs at home.
Don’t worry, we have one each for different skin types and for taking out all the stress from your head! Just sit back, and read through to choose from this list of homemade face masks to say bye to your stress!
The Skin Soother
We will start right away with the one that will help you calm down and de-stress you from that day-long work schedule. The Skin Soother is personally your favorite and hence it takes on the first place on this list.
- Brown sugar
- Peel the cucumber and blend it to make a puree.
- Simultaneously, take a small bowl and mix the milk, honey, and brown sugar together.
- Blend in both the mixture thoroughly to make a thick paste
- Leave it on your face for 15mins and at the end, gently scrub
- Importantly, rinse this off your face with warm water
You are all relieved from your stress and have a DIY face mask glowing skin! The brown sugar and the honey act as exfoliating agents while the milk revitalizes your skin. Cucumber additionally, moisturize your face for better results after the pack.
Exfoliating Mud Mask
And since we were speaking about exfoliation, we had to give in the best homemade mud mask made with things from your kitchen. Without much adieu, let’s get into how to get this dessert on your face.
- 1 tbsp. Buttermilk
- Half a Banana
- 1 tbsp. Cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. Yogurt
- Put in all the ingredients and mix them well to make a good paste. Make sure you don’t make it too watery
- Apply this mixture on your face. Make sure it’s not a thick layer
- Let the mixture stay on your face for 20-30 minutes
- Remove it off with a rinse of cool water
Repeat this once in two weeks to see good clear skin. This is a good face mask for men too who want to clean out their pores of extra dirt and pollution. The buttermilk and the yogurt have probiotic properties that help in brightening your skin. Additionally the lemon juice and honey act as bleaching agents rich in Vitamin C that reduce oiliness. Hence this is also a great face mask for oily skin.
The Skin Hydrator
We cannot leave this article without giving a good face mask for dry skin too. Here is the breakfast recipe which is edible and also a good homemade face mask for dry skin, recommended by Cosmopolitan.
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tbsp. Oatmeal
- ½ tbsp. Water
- Crush the oatmeal and honey gently
- Add some water to reduce the thickness of the paste wherever necessary
- Apply this mask to your face and leave it on for 10mins
- Remove the mask with patting water and don’t use any soap on it for a few hours
The hero of this face mask for dry skin is the oatmeal. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which rejuvenate your skin. The honey in this mask acts as a bleaching agent and helps clear dead skin cells.
Tell us below in the comments what other homemade DIY stuff you’d like to read on SocialTequila